FABRIC DYE FOR HAND USE
DYLON Fabric Dyes for hand use are perfectly suited for smaller items like shorts, vests or socks, and for delicates you’d rather not put in the machine like wool and silk. You have a rainbow of beautiful colours to choose from, and whether you’re refreshing an army of black socks or want an uplifting hit of colour with vibrant tights you can be sure of beautiful colour and permanent results you’ll be happy to show off!
Each pack is sufficient for 250gm of dry fabric.
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash thoroughly. Leave damp
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water
3. Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40°C)
4. Stir in 250g (5tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well
5. Submerge fabric in water
6. Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins
7. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water and dry away from direct heat & sunlight
• You will need 250g salt
• 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade
• Suitable fabrics: Cotton, linen and viscose. Wool, Silk, Polyester/cotton and polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shade
• Not suitable: Pure polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes
• Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye
• Please note: Colour mixing rules apply (e.g. blue on red gives purple)